The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention (https://dhp.lbg.ac.at) is a research institute examining digital technologies and interventions in sustaining behavioral changes for a more healthy lifestyle. We are looking for a motivated PhD student (m / f / d) in "Health Informatics" with an immediate start date (August 2021).
You will be a member of the DH-Convener project team for integrating the patient-generated data by digital health apps with ELGA. This project was the winner of the Nexus Digital Health Innovation Challenge , under the use case dealing with future health data organization. This national competition was organized by the Federal Ministry for Climate Protection, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation, and Technology (BMK) in May 2020.
- Conducting research in the field of healthcare standards and interoperability
- Participation in roadmapping the required interoperability framework and corresponding eHealth infrastructure for the DH-Convener and H2O projects
- Creating the required Enterprise Architecture (EA) model for incorporating PGHD into eHealth infrastructure
- Cooperating with the project interdisciplinary and international team in delivering the project according to the agreed timeline and implementation roadmap
- Publishing the research results in international journals and conferences
- Writing the PhD dissertation (in English)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A diploma or master university degree in health informatics, computer science, information technology, or a related discipline is expected.
- High interest in solving scientific problems, and motivation for conducting goal-oriented research.
- Ability to develop methods, concepts, models, and roadmaps as well as their realization and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience in health informatics standards and interoperability frameworks: HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR), Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership (OMOP) Common Data Model, Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE), continua guidelines for personal health systems interoperability.
- Very good programming skills.
- Very good communication and team-working skills.
- Good knowledge of the English language (oral and written).
OFFER AND SALARY
- Number of hours: 30 hours per week
- Place of employment: Either in Vienna or Salzburg
- Academic university: Medical University Vienna
- Supervisor of PhD thesis: Univ.-Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Georg Duftschmid (https://cemsiis.meduniwien.ac.at/user/duftschmid-georg/)
- Start: as soon as possible (August 2021)
- Time limit: 36 months
- Salary: € 2,237 gross per month
Application documents (cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and contact data of 2 references) should be sent until 25 June 2021 to officedhp [dot] lbg [dot] ac [dot] at. Please format the email subject of your application as follows: PhD position in Health Informatics Roadmap: Your name.